Zucchini is a backyard garden staple. What’s not to love? It is super easy to grow, packed with nutrition and has a mild flavor that is agreeable to even the pickiest eaters.
- Zucchini is low in calories. One medium-sized squash (yes, an entire zucchini) has only 33 calories.
- Zucchini is a good source of Vitamins A and C, potassium, folate and manganese.
Cut to mid August when our favorite green squash has lived up to its reputation as an “overwhelming producer”. Are you wondering, “What am I going to do with all these gosh darn zucchini???”
Recipe: Baked Zucchini Chips
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced (1/4 inch thick rounds)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast flakes
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Toss the zucchini rounds in olive oil and lay out on a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 min. Flip them half way through. Enjoy immediately.